Thursday, May 05, 2005

Buried Treasure Books Weblog - Book Tag: Literary Fiction

There's a game of book tag going on at the Buried Treasure blog. Carmon's started it off by recommending Peace Like a River by Leif Enger, and is asking for people to use the comments section to recommend other high-quality fiction that they've enjoyed.

I'm afraid I've cheated and left two comments myself. (I'm not trying to hog the game, really. I just couldn't stand not to plug more than one book.)

Shall we start a parallel game over here? Keep it traditional-values-friendly, please. This round is fiction only.

To get the ball rolling, I'm tossing out Jim the Boy by Tony Earley, which, for a wonder, is a book from 2000 that hasn't got a shred of political correctness in it. The boys come across as real boys, and the title character has one of the best fictional uncles ever.

You're it.

No comments: