Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The New Yorker: Devolution, by H. Allen Orr (Annals of Science)

I count among people I consider my friends those who are either frightened or furious when the name "Darwin" is mentioned, those who assume a protective or combative stance when "God" is mentioned, and (the majority) those who steer a middle course, including a number who are putting serious time and effort into studying Intelligent Design, wherever the evidence leads with it. Therefore, whatever my private views, my official public position is to smile politely in all cases and try, when possible, to avoid the crossfire. (Okay, so I'm a coward. I prefer to consider myself diplomatic, of course...)

But since the issue is important to many folks, and since The New Yorker has now taken it on, in an article subtitled "Why intelligent design isn't", I thought I'd better point out this article. It's listed as being from the 2005-05-30 issue, posted to newyorker.com 2005-05-23. Use title link.

Hat tip: ADF Alliance Alert for Monday, May 23, 2005.

No comments: