Saturday, August 26, 2006

County fair, part two

Whew. The sea of humanity, auto, and horse I swam through this morning proved to be the biggest set of waves all day. I guess I caught people transferring from Main Street back to the fairgrounds after a parade. But it's still been a busy day, and fun. Just watching the kids skipping down the street to the big show is a treat, in and of itself.

I finally got around to getting my American Legion fundraiser hamburger this evening. No county fair is complete without one, in my book. :)

Tonight, the rodeo announcers were courting trouble. As I finished up a little yardwork (if you missed my previous post, I can listen to the rodeo announcers at home because the volume is very high at the fairgrounds), I heard a bad joke about Canada and curling, which was bad enough - but then one of the announcers tried making fun of a local guy for having a first name that is given to ladies as well as men. Local-man-with-girl's-name being a very well known fellow with a lot of friends, many of them cowboys, I suspect this was not altogether a wise thing to do. There were two announcers in the booth, trying to outjoke one another, and the second guy must have caught the vibes from the audience and/or contestants because he did a quick and obvious change of subject. Heh. It was getting dark and I came in about then, so I don't know what happened from there on out. Sorry. (I know. I know. I'm just too easily entertained.)

Aside: I'm having computer/Internet problems again, plus I'm working on an offline project that involves a lot of typing. If blogging is light or nonexistent for a while, assume I'm either temporarily offline, or am trying to avoid bodily damage from too much typing all at once.

No comments: