Friday, August 11, 2006

Alton Brown and "Food for Thought"

I don't get the Food Network, but I know some of you are big fans of a fellow named Alton Brown who hosts a show there, because you mention him on your blogs. Via Karen Edmisten, and courtesy of an article Mr. Brown wrote for Guideposts, I know that his first attempts to get a demo tape seen by the folks at Food Network failed, but... Oh, go read the article. I love stories about unexpected seeds taking root, and I'd hate to spoil the surprise for you.

And, I must say, I appreciate that he likes to travel the byways of America. That's something we like to do, too. And I like his philosophy about hospitality.

He's also an author:

I'm Just Here for the Food: Food + Heat = Cooking
I'm Just Here for the Food: Food + Heat = Cooking


I'm Just Here for More Food
I'm Just Here for More Food


Alton Brown's Gear for Your Kitchen
Alton Brown's Gear for Your Kitchen

1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

I LOVE Alton Brown! He's hilarious and his shows are so informative and interesting. Great post!