Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Butterfly Central (for an afternoon)

Yesterday I set the sprinkler hose out back, to water the plum trees and the apple tree. The next thing I knew the yard was dancing with butterflies, more than one type, flying through the water or setting down on the ground to get a drink. Very, very cool.

It was especially nice because yesterday I came down with something, and was dragging when I set the sprinkler in place. It's amazing how much a little unexpected beauty and grace can bring into a person's day.

This morning we had a doozy of a thunderstorm, and then a lot of rain. And a power outage. The clouds also played at turning into mini-twisters, which wasn't particularly fun to watch. The weather has settled down some, but it's still a good day for non-electronic endeavors, at a guess. (She writes as the power dips and comes back, dips and comes back... Yikes.)

I am feeling some better today (she says with a yawn), but I think I'll spend most of my spare time dozing instead of blogging, thanks (she says with another yawn). Place nice until I come back, OK?

No comments: