Thursday, April 14, 2005

Technical difficulties

I tried to add some links to my template, and garbled the template. (Well, actually, I also managed somehow to delete about half the template. Don't ask me how.)

I finally admitted temporary defeat and started over with a pristine template. This means that I am having to start over on all sorts of little stuff.

So, naturally, Blogger and the Internet both seem to be having problems right now.

Please bear with me. I'll try to rebuild the links list, etc., sometime tomorrow or the next day if I can get everything to work long enough to get the job done.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Friday, 10:15 a.m. - OK, so I've almost recovered everything I'd lost. (For now, at least.) Now comes the fun part. Now I start trying to do the modifications that blew me out of the water yesterday. Please be patient. For the next few days I'll be experimenting, trying to improve the site. But since I'm a techno-rookie, I expect there will be some interesting mistakes along the way. If the links disappear again (or anything else for that matter), it's only because I'm learning. (Isn't that what we tell children who are attempting something unfamiliar and are positively botching the early proceedings? :)

No comments: