Thursday, July 28, 2005

Swanky Conservative: Iconic Women

Charmaine Yoest unleashed something when she took to task the silly television exec who said Oprah Winfrey is as close to iconic as women get. (See my previous post, or go directly over to the Reasoned Audacity post, which has been updated, and is accumulating some nice commentary and trackbacks.)

Several bloggers have weighed in, but for now I'd like to highlight Swanky Conservative's post, because it praises, among others, a multi-talented Texas lady named Hallie Stillwell (1897-1997), known as "Queen of the Big Bend," that I didn't know about until now.

In addition to her other accomplishments, Hallie Stillwell was an author:

I'll Gather My Geese
I'll Gather My Geese


My Goose Is Cooked: Continuation of a West Texas Ranch Woman's Story
My Goose Is Cooked: Continuation of a West Texas Ranch Woman's Story

No comments: