Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mom With A View: Beyond Diapers

Emuna Braverman launched the Mom With a View blog earlier this month at aish.com, a Jewish website.

From her July 10 post:

I was/am a stay-at-home mom. I believe strongly in it and am grateful to have the option. I've always done something else on the side but my children are my priority (despite what my teenagers think). I just don't want to talk about them all day.

I don't want to hear about sales on children's clothing, or discuss brands of strollers or the price of cereal. I'll share your joyful moments with you -- once. Not over and over again. Your child may be adorable but that's a rather limited conversation.

I want to talk about the potential new Supreme Court Justices, The Grokster case, new tools for personal growth, fascinating insights from the Torah and provocative questions discovered therein.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming that my discussions are superior or my intellect finer. I'm just describing what I enjoy and how for some reason it's so hard to find...
Full post

1 comment:

Bookworm said...

What!? She really doesn't think her children are the most fascinating topic in the world? I confess that, while I'm not a very doting mother, when my kids were little, and my world revolved around them (because it had to), I had very little to say on other subjects.