Friday, December 09, 2005

Semicolon: What I've Been Reading

Sherry at the Semicolon blog discusses After the Ball by Patricia Beard, Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult, Pagan's Crusade by Catherine Jinks, and The Shakespeare Stealer by Gary Blackwood. The last is a young adult novel with lots of Shakespearean details, she says.

(BTW: Is there some sort of Shakespeare revival going on, or am I just stumbling across a lot of references to him lately? It seems like I hadn't heard much about him for a while, and now it feels like just about every time I turn around there's another mention or use of Shakespeare.)

4 comments:

Bookworm said...

If you're interested in Shakespeare, I recommend Bardseyeview, a block in which Jeremy, the blogster, who has an encyclopedic knowledge of Shakespeare, ties current events to Shakespeare's sonnets and plays.

Kathryn Judson said...

Bookworm, Thanks for the tip.

coffeemamma said...

Our Gracie(10yo)loved the Blackwood series! The first was her favourite.

Kathryn Judson said...

coffeemamma, Thanks for letting me know. I'm always on the lookout for recommendations on books for kids. Since I stopped working in the bookstore, I don't get feedback from parents and youngsters like I used to, and I miss it!