Sunday, February 27, 2005

Wittenberg Gate: Should Michael Schiavo be Terri's Guardian?

Should Michael Schiavo be Terri's Guardian? This is a quiet, reasoned, thoughtful piece. I found it on another site (blogsforterri.com), and read it there. When I tracked it back, I was surprised to find it was from a religious site. I hope they won't be offended over at Wittenberg Gate, but I find it one of the most compelling secular arguments I've heard yet.

Please, take a moment to check out the BlogsforTerri site. At last count they had more than 200 blogs signed up, plus access to primary documents. If you are like me, the primary documents are invaluable (police reports, hospital reports, court testimony, etc.) In any case, the sites that sign up are required to pledge not only to fight for Terri's life, but to mind their manners, if you will. With this many sites they won't be able to ride herd on everybody - and what a diverse group of people they have on board! - but their goal is to excise acrimony and deal with the facts of the case. So far they are doing a great job.

No comments: