Monday, August 29, 2005

New blogger : Fiona Pinto

Fiona Pinto just started her blog August 1, so possibly you haven't met her yet. Pop over and give her a welcome, and maybe a link, what do you say? Help a newbie get launched?

I have to admit that I like this part of her "about me" message quite a lot:
...I am setting up this blog primarily to highlight media inaccuracy, and also to point out some first class examples of investigative journalism and reporting.
I think too many people have fallen into the rut of only pointing out the bad reporting, and aren't giving enough thought to highlighting what gets done right.

Pinto has been active in prolife campaigning for the last five years, she says. She seems to be UK-based, from what I see in her links and from I'm reading in her posts.

hat tip: ProLifeBlogs

Update: Fiona confirms via the comments that she's in the UK. She's updated her profile to make that clear.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

hi Kathryn

thanks very much for your message! I should put that I'm based in the UK as I realised that's not very clear. I'll amend it now.

I also appreciate your comments about good journalism, as it's useful to be held to this - in order to remain positive, to give credit where it is due, and also because I strongly believe that transparency and rigorous debate is the key to defending human rights.

best wishes
Fiona