Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Starkville Daily News Online: Cookies for sale

Robert St. John had a shock recently:
...When my wife told me that our daughter would be selling Girl Scout Cookies, I was pleased. My first thought was that she would be learning the all-important life lessons of managing money, making a sale, and delivering a product in a timely manner based on the long-standing, faith-based, buyer-seller relationship. Well, truthfully, my first thought was "Ooh, peanut butter cookies and shortbread," but my second thought was about all of that responsibility and money stuff.

"Which of us will drive her around to sell the cookies?" I asked.

"Oh, you don't drive around and sell cookies anymore," she said.

"What? Then how do the cookies get sold?" I asked.

"We will buy the cookies and then sell them. It's the way everybody does it now."...

Full article.

No comments: