Friday, September 29, 2006

Yargh

You may have noticed I haven't been posting as much as usual. There are several reasons for that.

Blogger has been having one of its infamous rough patches: sometimes I can't log in, sometimes when I've written a post I can't post it, that sort of thing. I'm acquiring a notable archive of emails to myself, with "url for when blogger comes back up" in the subject line. I understand that these glitchy times will happen. I am trying to be patient. I am also debating taking the plunge to the new version of Blogger, which is in beta. I don't know that it would help, but Google seems to be ramping up its encouragement to switch. Since I'm not paying them anything, I figure the least I can do is take their requests to heart. (But it requires opening another account, and I can't shake the feeling I've got too many online accounts as it is. Besides, I finally got this template how I like it.)

As a side note, because I haven't switched to the new version, I am what is now being called a legacy blogger. No, really. Is it just me, or is there something humorous, perhaps ludicrous, about being called a legacy blogger?

The betting window is open. How long will she hold out...

No, don't tell me what your guesses are. It's embarrassing. I'll switch soon. Probably. Maybe.

This all falls at a time when I've been busier than usual with work and home projects of one sort and another - including hours of typing every day. I don't have the time to blog that I used to, and my hands are about at their limit.

What I probably ought to do is declare a hiatus. But Plan A is to test the waters now and then and toss posts up when the connections seem good for a change. At any rate, since in the past I went offline pretty much only for family emergencies I thought I'd mention that it's not that this time (thank goodness, knock wood).

No comments: