Saturday, September 09, 2006

Author note: Meet Lauraine Snelling

Lauraine Snelling has more than two million books in print, which makes her a pretty successful author by most standards. And yet outside of certain (primarily Christian) circles, you can mention her name and get a blank stare. (Welcome to the world of bookselling.) Her website is here. She seems like one of those writers I wouldn't mind having as a neighbor, I must say.

Her latest book, due out later this month, is

The Brushstroke Legacy
The Brushstroke Legacy


For what it's worth, I don't generally read much in the "Christian fiction" genre, so I'm not overly familiar with her work. A few years back I read three or four books of hers to get a feel for what I was selling, and those particular books reminded more than a little of the couple/three books by Janette Oke that I'd read, also to get a feel for what I what I was selling. It was a small sampling from each author, you understand, just enough to form a hunch that fans of one might like the books of the other.

Cindy Swanson did a review of Snelling's book Saturday Morning last year, in which she said, "..Lauraine Snelling is best known as a writer of historical Christian fiction, but she hits one out of the park with her latest contemporary fiction offering..."

FaithfulReader.com did an interview with Snelling in June 2004, which you can find here. I have to admit, some of the authors she has in her favorite authors list took me a bit by surprise. (It is, I would like to add, a very eclectic list, which I like to see in an author's favorite authors list.)

No comments: