Friday, July 14, 2006

Can those of you who watch TV help me out?

Our cable company is in the process of changing its offerings and is asking for suggestions. I haven't traveled out of the area anytime recently so I haven't any idea, really, what options are available, besides what we have already. TV Land has been mentioned by a few bloggers in past posts (Bonanza fans, in particular), but past that I'm not sure what family friendly options I might suggest.

I don't watch much television (that's an understatement), but it would be nice to have some old movies or other good, clean fun to turn to now and then, or educational offerings without propaganda content.

Of course, the cable company is announcing there will be a "price adjustment" to go with the new line-up, which I presume means a price hike, so this might all be a moot point, if they raise the price very much. But, still, if there are any worthwhile channels available I'd like to push for them.

Thanks.

5 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Here's what the folks in my family like to watch:
Military Channel
Boomerang (retro cartoons, from the Nickelodeon/TV Land people)
Hallmark Channel (family friendly)
Pax TV (family friendly)
TLC
Discovery Channel
History Channel
Food TV
Weather Channel

If we only had 10 channels these would be the 10 we'd want.

Kathryn Judson said...

Barb, Thanks!

By the way, this is one of those itty-bitty out-in-the-boondocks independent cable companies, and ten channels isn't far from what I'm used to, as it happens :). They already provide the Discovery Channel, but none of the others you list.

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,
Turner Classic Movies
Fox Movie Channel
American Movie Classics (these all show old and newer classic movies)

All the channels Barb suggested and there are also some good shows on A&E, Bravo and the Travel Channel.

Karen Edmisten said...

Food Network is a staple around here. When we pulled cable, I went through serious Alton Brown withdrawal.

Kathryn Judson said...

Anna, Karen E., Thanks for the input!