Friday, March 04, 2005

17 Medical Experts Weigh In :: Legal affairs :: BlogsforTerri

One of the most frustrating aspects in the Terri Schiavo case is that time and time again doctors and nurses have weighed in, saying she's obviously not in a vegetative state or that she hasn't had proper medical evaluation or that they're willing to treat her. And time and time again the judge in this case has turned a deaf ear. How this judge can get away with this is beyond comprehension.

Public notice: If, God forbid, (and knock wood) I ever wind up seriously disabled, Judge Greer is not allowed to be my judge, or my guardian ad litem, much less both. And if anybody sends me to any 'hospice' even remotely attached to attorney George Felos, I want the guardian not only removed from my case but charged with something nasty and I want to go to a real hospice or residential care facility, or back home, thank you very much. (And, for the record, I consider air, food and water to be basics, not extraordinary care by any stretch of the imagination, regardless of how they usefully get into my body.)

For more updates on Terri's situation, see www.blogsforterri.com, or www.worldnetdaily.com or www.terrisfight.org or www.lifesite.net or www.lifenews.com or wherever else you can find that hasn't bought into the MSM myths that keep going around.

I have one question for fellow bloggers: my husband says he thought he heard on NPR, probably BBC World Service, that some European pro-life group has offered to take Terri to Europe for safekeeping, entirely at their own expense. I haven't been able to track this down. Does anybody have anything on this? It might be a Danish group, but he wasn't sure. (Don't you hate it when you key in on a story too late to catch key parts of it?)

UPDATE: The January-February 2005 CBI Update mentions both Terri Schiavo and Sarah Scantlin. CBI is the Concordia Bioethics Institute at Concordia University Wisconsin. The link is here.

No comments: