Sunday, March 20, 2005

Selling & 'celling' communism - PittsburghLIVE.com

All right, I'll concede that Dimitri Vassilaros, writing for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, has a bit too much fun at the expense of Democrats and Russian communists in this piece, but overall this is fairly funny, I think.

For the record, I don't see communists as being out for the count. They might be down, but I strongly suspect they have a few punches in them yet, here and abroad.

And also for the record, I wish the moderates among U.S. Democrats would rescue the party from the fringe folks who have hijacked it. To be headed toward more or less the same goals, with the arguments confined primarily to the best ways to get where we want to go, would be a huge step up from the present situation, in my humble opinion.

1 comment:

Publia said...

Just happened on your blog, it's pretty intersting! Publia Padena
(Http://wilmette.blogspot.com)