Thursday, February 28, 2008

U.S. Department of State career information

Checking my blog stats at SiteMeter, I noticed an ad for upcoming Foreign Service Officer Tests. Clicking through, and then around, I came to U.S. Department of State Careers - Home, where (in a short audio/visual presentation that starts on its own) Secretary of State Rice invites applicants to "Show the world a side of America it has never seen. You."

Well, I'm doing that with my blog. The pay isn't there, but neither are the supervisors and orders, and infighting and ...

OK, seriously, I'm sure this country could always use good men and women to represent us. So if you're an upstanding American citizen and are interested, you might want to explore the options. The ball's in your court...

1 comment:

Digger said...

And its not a bad gig, as government jobs go. The pay is decent (at least compared to what I made as a grad student) and you get to live cool places in housing the government pays for. I have certainly paid the bills in much worse ways!