Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The 2996 project looking for bloggers to honor a life on Sept. 11, 2006

Over at A Rose By Any Other Name, I saw a button in the sidebar I hadn't noticed before, and so wound up at 2996, which is a project to have 2,996 volunteer bloggers each honor the life of a person killed in the 9/11 attacks with a tribute on their blog.

This is a very young project, but according to the latest post, The Global Community, there are almost 400 bloggers signed up already, with participants from around the world.

The hope is to have every person who was killed assigned to a blogger in time for each victim to be remembered on September 11 of this year.

I'm not planning to sign up, but I thought some of you might like to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm onboard and have my name. I am looking for more information. I think this is a great project. (I think we should do something similar for our fallen heros.)