Friday, February 02, 2007

The sign

Donna-Jean recounts going to a March for Life rally nineteen years ago:

Nearly everyone, it seemed, carried a sign. They were both factory-made (big red octagon shapes saying "Stop Abortion Now") and homemade (I remember the quote from Dr. Suess' "Horton Hears a Who" on one: "Because a person is a person, no matter how small.").

I didn't have a sign. I could have asked for one, I'm sure, but I wanted something different - something that reflected why my husband and taken the time to come there.

Then I realized my sign was in my pocketbook. I pulled out my latest photo of our precious just-turned-two year old daughter, got a safety pin from my husband (one of those people who always, always has one in his wallet, because "you never know when you'll need one"), and pinned her picture to my coat.


Click through to her post for more on that rally, plus what she and others are doing these days for women hurt by abortion, and to help young men and women grow up with valor and virtue.

No comments: