Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fun learn-to-read book: Biscuit, by Alyssa Satin Capucilli

Biscuit (My First I Can Read Book Series)
Biscuit (My First I Can Read Book Series)


There's a series of books starring Biscuit, a little yellow puppy.

In the book simply titled Biscuit, a little girl is trying to put Biscuit to bed, and he keeps wanting one thing and then another - a snack, a drink, to hear a story, his blanket, his doll, a hug, a kiss, the light on....

You get the picture.

It's a fun read that little kids (not to mention their parents) can identify with, and I've heard from more than one young person that this book was the first one he/she learned to read alone all the way through. I've also had several grandparents swear by it as a great gift to give a beginning reader or aspiring reader. Personally, I rather like it as a read-aloud book, too.

At any rate, if you have preschoolers, you might want to check it out.

No comments: