Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Scotsman - Business - Dollar doubt pushes gold above $500

Gold has hit its highest price in 18 years, and China's being cited as one of the reasons. (China, I notice, is cited as the reason for a lot of things lately.) Platinum has topped $1,000 an ounce, with predictions that this year mining and recycling won't provide enough to meet demand. Alastair Jamieson, Consumer Affairs Correspondent for The Scotsman, has some details. (Did you know, for instance, that gold demand usually picks up this time of year, not only due to Christmas gift sales, but also because of the Indian wedding season?)

2 comments:

Joan said...

I continue to enjoy reading your blog every day! If you still wish to receive my "prize" as my 1001st visitor to Daddy's Roses, click on the email link on my blog and send me your address. I will get it in the mail.

Kathryn Judson said...

Joan,

Thanks. I'm enjoying your blog very much and hardly need any extra incentive (the reading being its own reward) - but I'm a sucker for cookbooklets and love winning prizes, so expect to hear from me soon. :-)