I finally bought flowers and planted them in the front flower box and flower patch yesterday. It's a small patch out under a lilac tree by the front gate, but a large box - the box is as wide as the living room that sits on the other side of the wall.
The good news is that I only spent $12.87 total on flowers.
The bad news is that the selection was limited this late in the season.
The good news is that there were still some healthy plants left.
The bad news is that some of these didn't have proper stickers. Some of them I don't even know what sort of flowers they are, much less what color the blooms will be. I wound up buying what looked healthy, that looked like it had a sort of leaf that suggested it could survive in semi-sun, and didn't cost too much.
At first, I tried to sort plants by potential height and spread, and color, etc., but I finally gave that up, since I don't have a clue on some of them. In the end, I just jumbled them up any which way and stuck them in the soil, more or less evenly spaced, but staggered, for artistic effect.
I have done this before.
Sometimes it works.
Not always. Perhaps not even often. But sometimes it works. Really.
Wish me luck. Overnight, bugs took some of the leaves down to veins on one variety. We have deer in the neighborhood now, too. So now it's a waiting game. We'll see what survives, and then we'll see what it is, and then we'll see how well it goes with whatever else happens to survive.
And then we'll see if I need to move anything, to make it workable.
This could be interesting. :)
Bergdahl pleads guilty of desertion and other news - Six soldiers died searching for him after he deserted his post and abandoned his comrades in a war zone. Obama traded terrorists for him, feted him in a Ro...
3 hours ago