Thursday, June 12, 2008

Boy scouts hit by tornado

The bad news is that four teens from Iowa and Nebraska were killed when a tornado roared through the Little Sioux Scout Ranch in Iowa. The good news is that Scouts in Tornado Help Save Lives: Putting Their Skills to Test, Boy Scouts Trapped in Tornado Sweep Take Heroic Action (reported by Marcus Baram, Good Morning America, abcnews.go.com, June 12, 2008).

My condolences to the families and friends of the dead and injured. My thanks to the boys and adults who kept the toll from being even worse.

My thanks to ABC News and Good Morning America. I've been tracking this story on various places on the Internet, and the Baram article is the best I've seen so far.

Update: Sophia Tareen of AP wrote 4 victims of deadly Iowa tornado were model youth.

No comments: