Monday, June 18, 2007

Testing, testing

I wouldn't call it a perfect storm of technical trouble by any means, but my computer has started restarting itself now and then, apparently at whim (which wipes out whatever I've worked on since the last save), plus the internet and email connections (and long distance phone connection) have been hit and miss for a week or so now (some days I couldn't get on at all), and then, when I did get on, and managed to log in, and write, those odd extra lines kept showing up in my drafts... and to cap it all off, when, against the odds, I published posts, they showed as published on my dashboard, but they never showed up on my blog. Discouraging, that.

All in all it seemed a great time to take a vacation from the internet, a vacation I enjoyed greatly, by the way.

But, well, here's hoping the worst of the glitches have been fixed in my absence. It wouldn't do to turn into a modern day Rip Van Winkle, or an honorary resident of Brigadoon. Would it? (Some days I can see how a person might be temporarily tempted...)

Testing, testing...

Update: So, I can post, and posts that didn't post before have posted themselves, but now spacing in posts that are already published is going haywire. Yargh.

No comments: