Monday, May 28, 2007

Gee, that was character building ;)

Sorry about being absent from the conversation so long, but our technical difficulties proved to be part malware in addition to hardware problems, and since I could never get a clear reading on the dangers (not my forte, this technical stuff), I figured the only decent thing to do was put my system into quarantine until it got freshly scrubbed and barricaded with better barricades and whatever else gets done to possibly contagious computer systems. Argh, even.

I kept busy enough, reading and cooking, working in the yard, taking long walks, and working on various other projects, both work and leisure. I initially tried to watch television to keep up on news, but I just couldn't do it. Or wouldn't, at any rate. There's too much garbage thrown in. And then there's that whole 'I'm used to not working my day around their schedule' thing. (No, we don't have fancy recording options around here. We found other uses for our money.)

On the upside, like usual when the computer goes down, it felt a bit like taking a vacation. The world away from 'news' isn't at all the same world, you know, not really, not for the most part.

On the downside, I have a backlog of work that could only be done on the computer, connected to the internet...

But I'm back. I think. (I hope.)

No comments: