Wednesday, June 14, 2006

From the Mommysphere

I was telling a 50-something friend about this post at Wittingshire, and the next thing I knew his eyes lit up, and I was treated to gleefully-related tales about his late grandfather, who I guess had world-class arms for this, uhm, game. Not my thing, but hey. I guess it's harmless. On my friend's behalf, thanks for the memories, Amanda.

Elsewhere, Circle of Quiet has found there are upsides to not buying your kids too much stuff. Water ball, anyone?

Over at intent, Sparrow notes that the world seems to conspire against preteens and what is good for them. But she fights back. (She also links in that post to Jerram Barr’s Booklist for Children, as presented at Tulip Girl.)

I hope you don't need an excuse to sing -- but if you do, Headmistress has a raft of reasons why singing is good for you and your kids.

Of course, there's always the joy of teaching them to sign, too.

No comments: