Monday, June 27, 2005

Homer Price & Emil and the Detectives

I was cleaning and pricing a stack of used books today, and I came across Homer Price, by Robert McCloskey, which, upon investigation, I find is still in print...

Homer Price
Homer Price


...as is a sequel, by the way.

Centerburg Tales: More Adventures of Homer Price
Centerburg Tales: More Adventures of Homer Price


So, after Homer Price, the very next book in the stack was Emil and the Detectives, by Erich Kastner, translated by May Massee, illustrated by Walter Trier - which I find is also still in print (although it doesn't say whether it's the same translation):

Emil and the Detectives, Level 3, Vol. 3
Emil and the Detectives, Level 3, Vol. 3

As it happens, Barnes & Noble publishes a version, also currently in print.

Emil and the Detectives
Emil and the Detectives

I just thought I'd let you know in case you loved them as a kid but hadn't thought about them for a while...

No comments: