Thursday, May 11, 2006

Star-crossed lovers, movie versions

In Wittingshire: Tristan and Isolde, Amanda discusses a handful of movies - in which themes of passion, responsibility, family, and community are approached from different perspectives.

Note to self: Get a copy of Casablanca. (It occurs to me that I haven't seen it as a grown-up, unless you count catching snatches of it on television now and then. I suspect it's an entirely different movie if viewed as a grown-up and without marathon ad breaks breaking up the story and sending a person to the remote to change channels. Yes?)

Just because I haven't mentioned it lately, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the people responsible for the development and the availability of the DVD player, whoever you are. I would also like to thank the folks who make good stuff available on DVD. You have improved my life, and I appreciate it.

No comments: